HOW DO YOU TAKE CARE OF YOU?
■ Self-care practices should be prioritized most especially at a challenging time like this. Taking care of your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health is vital.
Self-care is a great way to build resilience towards life’s stressors that we can not eliminate. However, we all have different needs, self-care practice is not a one-size-fit all, YOU can customize your self-care to suit your own needs.
■ what do you fuel your body with?
■ Are you mindful of the kind of food you eat?
■ How much sleep or rest do you get?
■ what activities do you engage in to keep you alert physically and mentally?
■ Do you check in on your feelings consistently? When people ask you HOW ARE YOU? The easy answer you give is “I am fine”, but sometimes, in reality you are not. Take off the invisible MASK, BE REAL. Be more aware of what you feel, even your mood and name the feeling. Express your emotions more, do not suppress it. Share your feelings with someone you trust, Also, it is ok to ask for professional counseling help if you need it.
I will share with you some coping strategies you can adopt during this challenging time of Covid-19:
● Desist from listening to all the News about Covid-19, there are lots of inconsistencies and it can overwhelm you with anxiety. Select the most relevant information you need and take neccessary precautions to take care of yourself and loved ones.
● Practice mindfulness exercises, reflection and meditation
● Read the books you love, watch movies and comedy clips, laugh more, play games/puzzles
● Pamper yourself with a warm or cold bath, sip from a cup of brewing coffee or tea as it pleases you.
● Exercise or take a walk, admire the beauty of nature.
● Treat yourself right, practice Grounding techniques. For me, one of the things that grounds me is listening and dancing to good MUSIC.
● Connect with your families and friends via telephone or other means of communication and above all Stay Safe.
☆ Listen to my podcasts if you have not, via this link:
● please friends lets build this formidable platform together…subcribe to my channel and watch the full video via:
CLICK FOR VIDEO